Pathway Week 12: Beyond the fundamental continued & Presentation Sheets


The idea for my structure in this project is to combine both of these things.



Above is an example of both a Helical Ramp, commonly used in a multi-storey car park complex, and a Bobsleigh from the Olympic sport of Bobsledding. 

I think my idea has real potential, it is definitely my most whacky idea so far. The great thing about this is that I have received two very random criteria and I am managing to make something out of it. 


Google SketchUp Models:
This is an prototype of what my helical ramp would look like. This was mad in sketchup and was incredibly challenging. I feel like each project I seem to make a harder model in Google Sketchup. It was challenging and there are some errors here and there but I feel it does well to communicate exactly what I want. It is a helical ramp and around the outside is a wall. The wall is intended to keep the car from falling off the edge which i think is fair. We don't want any deaths on the debut. 

Drawing of site and measurements:



A vital part of this project was being able to visit my site. I think it's my first project where I have started off knowing exactly where my site was and having the ability to walk around it. I had already been past it at least a hundred times but now I had to study it. It was too large to get a completely accurate measurement so i used the fencing on the perimeter of the car park. The fencing had a vertical stump every meter, which was incredibly handy, so i just counted the number of spaces in between the stumps the whole way around. It was the easiest measuring of my life but i am very grateful.



Extra renders with textures.



 Front view of the structure.

The structure will have two helical ramps. However only one will have the ice on it and that will be the one going down. Getting from the ground onto a first floor with ice on the deck is a little tricky and I don't want to make it too complex.

Pres sheets:






Comments