Pathway Week 10: Individualisation continued & Presentation Sheets


These are some floorplan suggestions I have come up with


The thing with my cabin is trying to decide what to include and whether to take the plunge and do something complex or stick to the simple shit. The floor-plan on the right is both the simplest idea and the best idea, in my eyes. It makes sense to have walls joining each of the segments at the corners, it also offers a lot of space and also doesn't leave any spaces unused or wasted.



This is the floor-plan I am going with, it offers the owner a large bedroom with their own on-suite bathroom and walk-in wardrobe, a really large lounge/kitchen area with a toilet in the back and the most significant addition to the idea of a cabin is the patio. The patio offers a lot of possibilities in terms of leisure, you could add a pool or a hot-tub if you so wanted. 

Models in Google Sketchup. 



3D Floor-plan from above.

This image below shows my calculations. I was calculating at what scale I was going to make my model. It took a long time to work out, luckily as my structure was particularly modular I was able to work out each and every wall length inside one segment.


The shapes on what pieces need laser cutting:

These are accurate measurements scaled down to 1:50. I went with 1:50 because it offered me a size that was big enough to work with and not too small that I couldn't add any details to the design. 

My Model: 



I am very pleased with the outcome of my model. The measurements were successful and came out accurate. Thankfully for this model I used mount-board which is thinner and stronger than foamboard. It also meant that I didn't have to account for the extra 5mm on the edges that comes with the thickness of the material. I used a light balsa wood as a complimentary colour to express where the patio would be. The rectangle cut out on the floor is suggestive of the pool that I aim to implement.



Presentation Sheets:










Comments